Building powerful, lasting connections between local businesses and secondary schools, sixth forms and colleges.
The aim of the Enterprise Adviser Network (EAN) is to inspire and prepare young people for the world of work by creating powerful connections between schools/colleges in Southend and local and national companies. It aims to motivate young people, support them in making informed choices about their future and help them achieve their full potential, both in and out of school.
The EAN is a national project that is tailored locally. It consists of a business volunteer, who is an Enterprise Adviser, being carefully partnered on a 1:1 basis with a school/college. The Enterprise Adviser works closely with the senior leadership team of a specific school or college to:
• Support the development of a whole school strategy for careers, enterprise and employer engagement
• Provide access to their local business networks
• Help schools and colleges to focus efforts on programmes and activities that are most effective in motivating young people, supporting independent choice, and supporting positive outcomes for young people
• Provide insight to the local area employment, qualification, sector and skills needs.
• Conduct an initial diagnostic and support the school or college in identifying priority areas for support
Supporting the EAN is a full-time Enterprise Coordinator, whose role is to support the Enterprise Advisers and schools within the network.