Our refresher Our Designated Safeguarding Lead training is designed for staff in Early Years settings who have the role of Designated Safeguarding Lead within their setting and who have already attended the full Level 4 training. The training is interactive and engaging with time for reflection on current practice and peer discussions.
This training helps to fulfil the Ofsted requirements for ‘Designated members of staff …should undertake safeguarding training every two years and their knowledge and skills should be refreshed at regular intervals, but at least annually’ The training will include legislation updates and ‘hot topics’ that all Designated Safeguarding Leads need to know.
- describe the role and responsibilities of the designated safeguarding officer
- describe the key legislation and guidance that determines your organisation’s policy for child safety and welfare, including Ofsted requirements
- investigate attitudes and beliefs regarding child abuse and the impact of these on professional practice
- identify the barriers that prevent children from reporting abuse
- understand the barriers that prevent staff from reporting concerns and how to overcome them
- make the right decisions about what steps to take when concerns about a child have been raised
- know what’s likely to happen following a referral to children's social care
- explain the issues connected to recording and sharing information, including confidentiality
- show an awareness of the emotional impact of safeguarding children, the importance of supervision and identify a network for personal support
- talk about your organisation’s action plan, policy and procedures