This training will look at the skills and attitudes that are relevant to the role of the designated person within the setting, examining the concerns and barriers involved with undertaking this responsibility. If you have not recently updated your safeguarding knowledge (either through a specific training session or as part of an accredited qualification) then you will need to also attend a Safeguarding Refresher course
- Examine the role and responsibilities of senior and designated staff.
- Identify duties of the Designated Person under Section 11 of Children Act 2004.
- Examine the impact of personal values on decision making.
- Identify the barriers to practitioners reporting concerns to the designated person.
- Identify the barriers that may prevent concerns being taken further and referred to other agencies.
- Reflect on the importance of building positive relationships with staff and parents and other professionals.
- Consider own role in multi agency conferences