Newly appointed Designated Safeguarding Lead in Schools with responsibility for Child Protection
Objectives and Content
Criteria for attendance: This course is provided for staff who meet the criteria outlined for the Designated Safeguarding Lead, in the Department of Education guidance, Keeping Children Safe in Education. https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/keeping-children-safe-in-education--2 and with the expectation that level 1 to 3 safeguarding training will have already been undertaken.
- To ensure that all new staff with Designated Lead responsibility for Safeguarding in schools are equipped with up-to-date knowledge and skills to fulfil their responsibilities
- To explore the concept of safeguarding children within the school environment
- To be aware of the Early Help Assessment Process
- To be reminded of the Child Protection Process
- To be able to prepare for, and contribute to a Child Protection Conference
- To have considered the role in Core Group working.
- To recognise the issues that may arise when working in a multi-agency context
To have a good understanding of the Child Protection guidance, and an understanding of key elements of the safe learning environment.
All cancellations must be received 7 days prior to the course, to avoid being charged full payment.
Target Audience - Newly appointed Designated Safeguarding Leads in Schools (or Deputy DSLs) with responsibility for Child Protection