A full day training session for all Head teachers and Governors (with responsibility for exclusions) will be provided by an external training provider (Edulaw) on Monday 24th February 2020 at 09.30am to 4.15pm. The training session will be held in the Seacole Room, Tickfield Centre, Tickfield Industrial Estate, Tickfield Avenue, Southend-on-Sea, Essex SS2 6LL.
This training will be divided into five sessions, covering but not limited to:
- What’s new in Exclusions;
- The Exclusion Guidance 2017 and the current law;
- Correct procedures on excluding;
- Vulnerable children, SEN and disabilities and Looked after Children;
- What happens at Governors’ stage – role of Pupil Discipline Committee and Procedure;
- The Independent Review Panel (powers, practice and procedure, etc)
This is an important training session and it is vital that as many head teachers and the Chair of Governors of the school to attend and/or any other School Governors who sit on the school governors discipline committee attend the training.
The training session will start at 10.00am (refreshments available at 9.30am) and will finish at approximately 4.15pm. Refreshments and lunch will be provided.
There is a nominal fee of £50 per delegate. Please note: This training course is not part of the Southend Governance Service offer so unfortunately no discounts are available.
Invoices will be raised to the school after the event.
This is mandatory training for any person who sits on an IRP.