Weekly Newsletter: Issue 250 - Friday 14th February 2020
In the newsletter this week: a message from Services for Schools, SEN Bulletin, ICT Update to Schools, Music on Sea newsletter, Launch of 'Southend SEND: Shared Expectations' flyer, Governor Focus, events and document deadlines for February & March and the latest news from the Department for Education, Ofsted and the Southend Learning Network.
To download this week's issue, click the link under 'Downloads' on the right hand side.
Interactive HR List
This list in no longer in operation, please log in to the Southend Learning Network view the new HR Resource page for access to documents. The new page can be accessed via:
1. Login in to the SLN
2. Click on 'Resources' tab along the top
3. Choose 'Human Resources Home Page'
4. You will only have access if your school subscribes to the HR service
If you have any difficulties accessing this resource page, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or 01702 215938
Presentations & Links from Director's Briefing - 25th February @ Tickfield Centre
Please see attached the presentations from the Director's Briefing today -
DB 25.2.20 - Brin Martin, Director of Learning
email@example.com or 01702 215916
Directors Briefing Feb 20 - Gary Bloom, Head of SEND
firstname.lastname@example.org or 01702 534548
Education Slide Pack 25 2 20 - Caroline McCarron, Associate Director of Partnership & Integration
email@example.com or 01702 215542
Director's Briefing February 25 2020 - David Struthers, Director of South Essex Teaching School Alliance (project lead)
firstname.lastname@example.org or 01702 476026
Also please see the link for the article mentioned by Brin from Ofsted re: Making the Cut: How schools respond when they are under financial pressure : https://assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/866586/Making_the_cut_how_schools_respond_when_they_are_under_financial_pressure.pdf
If you have any further questions please get in touch.
The Locally Agreed Syllabus for Religious Education 2018-2023
SoSlam Young Songwriters LAB - deadline 2nd March 2020
Please see below information about applying for the Young Songwriters LAB.
This is an opportunity supported by Music on Sea but run by SoSlam in partnership with Metal.
For more information please contact:
email@example.com / 01702 470700
OPEN CALL for Young Musicians aged 12 – 18.
Deadline to apply : 2nd March 2020, 5pm.
Dates: 10am – 5pm each day, Tues 14- Sat 18 April 2020
Venue: Chalkwell Hall (in Chalkwell Park), Chalkwell Avenue, Southend SS0 8NB.
SoSlam are working with Metal to run a FREE Culture LAB for young singer / songwriters from across the Borough of Southend-on-Sea.
Up to 14 young musicians who create their own original material will be given the opportunity to work with each other alongside industry professionals for 5 days at Chalkwell Hall in Chalkwell Park. Over the 5 days you will get the chance to play existing work, workshop with producers, musicians and promoters, and have the time to experiment with different ways of creating and writing new music for live performance and studio recording.
The week will include:-
– Vocal coaching – Performance technique (on stage and on video) – working in a recording studio – improv / jam sessions – writing new material – learning alongside peer group.
Benefits to young songwriters / musicians:
– Working together with other like minded young people
– Support network of peers
– Input from professionals
– Opportunity to learn new skills
– Inspiration for new ideas
– Opportunity for experience (recorded and live)
Criteria for Application:-
This FREE opportunity is aimed at young people who are:
– aged between 12 – 18 years.
– creating their own original material
– living in the Borough of Southend-on-Sea
How to Apply:
– Complete the simple application form (link above)
– The form asks you to please write 150 words on how you think a LAB like this will help you as a musician / songwriter / performer
– The form asks you to send links of examples of your songs / performance to date if available (live gig filmed? / soundcloud / youtube / or other)
– Signed permission from a parent / guardian will be required from those under the age of 16.
Application Deadline: Monday 2nd March 2020
Successful musicians notified: by Monday 9th March 2020
Representatives from Soslam and Metal will select the winners based on the potential and promise shown and enthusiasm for what the opportunity offers you.
All selected musicians MUST be able to attend every day (10-5, Tues 14 – Sat 18 April 2020)